2. When cats are hungry they persistently mew until they get fed. Writers who don't send work out aren't mewing, and won't get fed.
3. Cats defend their territory against all comers including big dogs. Writers should hang on to the truth in their work, even when faced with negative Dobermans but....
4. Cats are flexible, and writers need to be flexible too.
5. Cats are meticulous about grooming their fur. Writers need to groom their prose with equal attention to detail (but they don't have to do the leg in the air bit).
6. Cats come in all shapes and sizes, and so do writers.
7. All cats are beautiful, from pedigree to moggy. Writers are beautiful too, whatever the genre and style of their writing.
8. Cats that lie around all day doing nothing become fat and flabby. Sadly, this is also true for writers.
(My thanks to Tootsie and Toasty for inspiring this post.)