Wednesday 28 October 2009

The Lure of NaNoWriMo

November approaches, and I need to start on the next novel. I know who the main characters are, where it's going, the overall theme and things like that, but I haven't started on the writing. I'm toying with the idea of joining NaNoWriMo as the idea of having written 50,000 words by the end of November is wonderful. Of course, it means I will have to actually do the writing which is a less wonderful prospect given November is shaping up to be a busy month, culminating in the launch of A Single to Rome on the 26th. Will it just mean yet another layer of guilt to add to the stress of writing a novel a year? But on the other hand, I do like a deadline...Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

Peter Richardson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Richardson said...

Ahh gwaann! Do it Sarah, nothing like a deadline for kick starting the creative process.

Sarah Duncan said...

I've done it, but think the deadline is merely kicking off mega guilt rather than an outpouring of creativity. Roll on December!